Thursday, May 8, 2014

Garage Door Project

The project for this week was to fix the garage door. Several of the lower wooden panels were rotted. 

I found some videos on YouTube that gave me some good ideas on how to fix the garage door--How to Remove and Install a Garage Door Wood Panel Replacement and Garage Door Repair Slideshow





As you can see, there was enough of a gap that mice were able to get into the garage.










The first thing that I did was to detach the lower section of the garage door. 

From there, I could remove the two rotted panels and sand/clean the remaining wood. 

I traced copies of the panels and cut out new ones. 




With some wood glue, I replaced the panels and reassembled the wooden frame.











I needed a little help when attaching the frame back onto the rest of the garage door because I had to pull and attach the cable back onto the bottom of the frame.









After the cable was attached, I could now operate the garage door. The first place to get painted was the bottom.





After the bottom of the garage door was painted, I nailed some new weather stripping on the bottom.











Finally, I gave the entire door and frame at least two coats of paint.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Live Vinyl Record Albums

To show off some of my vinyl records, I'll be making a list of some of my favorite records. The first list is for live (concert) ...